This privacy statement informs you about the type of personal data that is collected and received through our websites additiv.ch and additiv.com (“website”) and about how we use, retain, share and protect such personal data.
Who we are
We are Additiv AG (“we”, or “us”), a Swiss company registered at Riedtlistrasse 27, 8006 Zurich, Switzerland. We are the data controller responsible for the processing of personal data through the website.
How we obtain personal data
We collect and receive personal data through the website. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. We collect and retain personal data that you choose to voluntarily provide to us for your use of the website.
In addition, we collect certain personal data by using cookies when you visit the website, including similar technologies such as local storage.
Cookies are bits of text (in general made of numbers and letters) that are placed on your computer’s hard drive or mobile device when you visit the website.
Cookies hold information that may be accessible by a party that places the cookie, which can be either the website itself (first party cookie) or a third party (third party cookies).
- To collect statistical data, to analyze the use of the website by our users, e.g. which pages are visited, how long the pages were visited and how long the visitors of our website move from page to page.
- For authentication (i.e. to keep you logged in between sessions). The information collected by using local storage is stored in your browser and is preserved even after you close your browser.
The information generated by the cookies about your use of the website (such as your IP address, the URL visited, the date and the time of your visit) is transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States or another country in which Google maintains facilities. Your IP address is masked by setting the last octet of your IP address to zero before it is saved by Google. Google will use this data to monitor your usage of our website and to generate reports on website activity for us.
The types of personal data we may obtain
We may collect and receive the following personal information from you:
Name and contact information (e.g. name, address, email, username, phone numbers); account details (e.g. your username and password), information on your use of the website, personal data which may be included in comments posted by you on a website, personal data of individuals you wish to share your uploaded content with (names and email addresses), traffic data (such as how you use the internet).
If required under applicable law or if necessary for the purposes listed below, we may collect and store other types of personal data. We will inform you and ensure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so.
How we may use personal data
We also may use the personal data we collect and receive for the following purposes:
- to create an account for your use of the site; to operate our site and provide the services you have requested, including but not limited to our interactive services you use;
- to respond to your enquiries;
- to collect statistical data, to analyze the use of the website by our users, e.g. which pages are visited, how long the pages were visited and how long the visitors of our website move from page to page;
- to contact you, e.g. by sending personalized emails, newsletters or targeted ad campaigns about our products and services;
- to ensure the security of our business, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website;
- to verify compliance with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
How we may share personal data
We may share the personal data we collect and receive on a need to know basis with the following third parties:
- other affiliates of additiv, subsidiaries or its agents;
- third parties that perform or provide services for us;
- other users of the platform if you choose to share your messages;
- competent public authorities or other third parties, if required by law or necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of our company or others.
We may also disclose or transfer your personal data on a need to know basis if we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal data you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and this privacy statement. We do not sell, rent or trade your personal data.
In order to use certain parts of this website, you might have to first complete the registration process. During the registration process you may be required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information may be used to maintain a personalized contact with you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your choice, you may also provide additional information about yourself, but it is not required.
You may be asked to first complete a registration process before you may use certain parts of this website. You may be required to disclose certain information (such as name and email address) during this registration process. This data may be used to maintain a personalized contact with you about the products and or services in which you have expressed interest.
Data transfers outside the EEA
The personal data that we obtain may be transferred to third parties in countries outside of Switzerland or the European Economic Area (EEA). The laws in those countries may not offer an adequate level of data protection. Personal data may be transferred to jurisdictions like Australia, China, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates and United States of America, among others.
When we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will protect your personal data as described in this privacy statement and in accordance with applicable laws, such as by entering into the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for the transfer of personal data to a processor located outside of the EEA.
Our websites may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites other than ours. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information when they leave our website. The user’s data protection and privacy rights under these third-party platforms are subject to their respective privacy policies.
How we protect personal data
Appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect your personal information are in place, designed to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. However, due the inherent open nature of the Internet, additiv cannot guarantee that communications between a user and our company or your personal information stored is secure. In accordance with applicable law, we will notify you of any data breach that is likely to have unfavorable consequences.
How long we retain personal data
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect or receive the personal data, except if required otherwise by applicable law. Typically, we will retain most of the personal data for the duration of your use of the website, until you removed your account plus an additional 90 days as a maximum, unless a longer applicable statutory retention period applies.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information and data stored with us:
- the right to obtain, at reasonable intervals and free of charge, information on whether your personal data is being processed and to receive the personal data that is being processed in an intelligible form;
- the right to rectify, block or erase your personal data if the data is incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, irrelevant, outdated or processed in violation of the law;
- the right to object on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal data. Please contact us using our contact information stated below to exercise these rights;
- to exercise these rights, please contact us using our contact details set out below. We may request you to provide a proof of identification.
Updates to this privacy statement
We may update this privacy statement anytime. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to be informed of how we use your information.
How to contact us
To update your Cookie Preferences, click
If you have questions or comments about the information in this privacy statement, if you would like us to update your personal information, or if you want to exercise your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.